John laughs every Fall because as soon as Trader Joe’s starts selling acorn squash, butternut squash, sweet potatoes by the bushel, baking pumpkins, and brussels sprouts on a stock I cannot contain my excitement. I love Fall cooking and flavors!
In honor of these delicious ingredients, here’s some Fall recipes that I’ve made lately and that I highly suggest you should try out:
|Pictured with Pumpkin Muffins, recipe above.|
- Toss butternut squash with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until it’s softened and done.
- While squash cooks, heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and saute until it starts to brown.
- Add jalapeno, garlic, and spices (through black pepper) and stir to combine for about 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas, diced tomatoes, red lentils, and broth to onion mixture. Stir and turn heat to high until it starts to simmer. Reduce heat and cover until lentils are done, about 25 minutes.
- Once lentils are done, add in butternut squash to pot and stir everything together. Season with sea salt and cilantro before serving.
|I promise it tastes so much better than it looks in this picture!|