Nothing says dinnertime during summer than salads loaded with summery fruits and vegetables. Here’s three that I’ve made recently that were delightfully easy, healthy, and summery!
- Whisk together dijon, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Brush over chicken breasts and cook in 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients (spinach through corn).
- Cook sausage or bacon and crumble on top of salad.
- When chicken is done, cut it into bite sized pieces, add to salad, and top with fresh cilantro and salt/pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt/pepper to taste.
- Would be good to add in avocado too!
1 cup quinoa
1/2 bag of kale
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
1/4 cup cilantro
Salt/pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions. (Usually: In 2 cups of water, bring quinoa to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.) Remove from heat when done.
- Add kale to a bowl and remove any stems. Drizzle with olive oil and massage with your hands until kale is tender.
- Add in vegetables to salad.
- Add in quinoa. Stir everything together with cilantro and salt/pepper to taste.
I served this with a side of chicken jalapeno sausage and black beans simmered together over low heat with red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and black ground pepper. Delicious!