Everyone’s heard the advice that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Lucky for me, I happen to love breakfast! Yet going gluten free has made it a little less exciting since I can’t enjoy all of the yummy breakfast foods I used to, especially when we go out for brunch.
To remedy this, I’ve started getting a little more creative in the kitchen to make breakfast both substantial and delicious. Here are three of my recipes for you to try!
1 large grated zucchini, excess water squeezed out
1 banana (ripe), mashed
1/2 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups oats (gluten free)
Optional: Add in 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Spray muffin tin, and fill cups 2/3rds of the way full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges start to brown and muffins are firm to the touch.
1/3 cup oats (gluten free)
1/2 cup plus 2 1/2 Tbsp. of almond milk
1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 Tbsp flax seeds
1/2 mashed banana
1 Tbsp sunflower seed butter or peanut butter
Coconut flakes (optional)
- Mix everything together in a container, except for the coconut flakes.
- Let sit in sealed container in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, stir and add shredded coconut to the top if desired.
|Before and after|