I haven’t done a post on what I’m eating lately, so without further ado…
I was originally inspired to try chocolate chia seed pudding from the blog Peanut Butter Fingers, but I wasn’t in the mood for dessert. Instead, I waited until the morning and made it into a scrumptious breakfast by mixing oats and peanut butter in!
1/4 cup chia seeds
3/4 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup instant oats (gluten free)
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Combine chia seeds, almond milk, cocoa powder, and sugar together in a container. Store in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, transfer chia seed pudding to bowl and combine with instant oats, water, and peanut butter. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and then heat another 30 seconds. (Note: I use Trader Joe’s gluten free instant oats so you may want to check the recommended cooking time for your instant oats.)
- Top with sliced banana and enjoy!
- In a blender or food processor, combine chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, mashed banana, almond extract, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Add oats and flour and pulse to combine, adding 1/4 cup water if needed. (Or alternatively recruit your husband to scrape the mixture out of the blender and kneed it all together with his hands, like I did!)
- Add in coconut, cranberries, chocolate chips, and chia seeds, and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and slice into bars. Store in airtight container.