It seems so long ago to be writing about what John and I did over Christmas, but for all those who are curious here is a quick snapshot of our wonderful time in Orlando!
We saw lots of friends and family during our week in Orlando, so here are just a few highlights:
- Being surprised by John with a nice dinner for an early birthday celebration …Definitely didn’t see that coming, and I was surprised to see my best friend, parents, and in-laws at a table with balloons ready for the celebration!
- Making candy (including pull candy, peanut butter balls, and fudge) for the first time with John’s grandma and then watching the Simpson’s Christmas movie with the family, also for the first time… I can’t believe I’d never seen this before!
- Enjoying an extravagant dinner homemade by Dad with his side of the family. Along with including several courses, such as truffle-infused risotto and calamari salad, we also had a wine pairing to go with each course. And the conversation with family was also wonderful!
- Watching Mom get in a tractor bed after being “peer pressured” by her sisters! I won’t show the entire video here, but suffice it to say that it’s hilarious.
- Reunion with our high school graduation class. After not seeing a lot of our former classmates for 5 years, John and I really enjoyed catching up with everyone at a local pub.
- Having my best friend, Alex, join in on almost all of our family get-togethers!
And a few other notable memories:
- The annual ride in the truck bed to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve with John’s family
- Playing volleyball with John’s side of the family
- White elephant gift exchange
- Fire pits
- Watching a Christmas movie with my sisters-in-law… and laughing about its cheesiness
- Mani-pedi with Mom
- Hanging out with my lifelong friend, Isha, at a vegan, gluten-free restaurant – great food and great company!