Part of my fresh start to 2013 is wanting to eat and cook more vegetables – more in both quantity and excitement.
So this week I tried two new salads that are a long way from the typical lettuce, carrots, and tomato. These salads are so scrumptious that they could stand alone, though for dinner I paired one with fish and quinoa. I also made to sure to make extra so I had leftovers for lunch! The first of these recipes is below:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients and toss to coat. Place sweet potato mixture in jelly-roll pan. Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake another 15 minutes or until potatoes are roasted.
- Remove from oven, and combine sweet potatoes with remaining salad ingredients.
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring with a whisk. (Or use a handy dressing mixer like I got for Christmas! See picture above.)
- Drizzle about half of the dressing over salad and toss to coat.