After we returned from a great Thanksgiving trip to North Carolina, I immediately turned on the Christmas music and started decorating! We aren’t getting our tree until this weekend, but until then we have multiple nativities up and a decked out table!
Now onto what to serve… Want a tasty, healthy, yet hearty meal after Thanksgiving week? I have just the recipe for you!
This lentil stew is so delicious while being filling and healthy. It’s also quick and easy to make.
- In a big pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in garlic and onions, letting caramelize for 10 minutes. Add the chorizo, stirring constantly until it browns and is almost done, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the jalapenos, beans, tomatoes, lentils, chicken stock, and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
- Add in the kale, and let simmer for 5 minutes or until kale wilts.
- Serve with cheese, if desired.