Since John had a business trip in Orlando, we took the opportunity to make it a long weekend and visit family. This weekend was a lot of fun, including catching up with friends and spending a day at Universal/Islands of Adventure! I am also using this time to meet with the company down here that is helping design the website for my new company.
- Combine marinade ingredients and blend together in a food processor. Place steak in a freezer bag and pour marinade ingredients over it. Keep refrigerated for two hours.
- To prepare guacamole, remove seed and peel from avocado and roughly mash it with a fork. (Keep it a little chunky.) Add in remaining ingredients and gently mix together. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until ready.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over low heat, and add onion and garlic.
- While onions are caramelizing, grill steak according to desired doneness.
- When steak is finished and while it is resting, add in remaining vegetables and cayenne pepper to onion mix, turning heat to medium. Cook vegetables for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut steak against the grain into strips.
- Prepare fajitas to liking, adding desired toppings. Serve with guacamole. Enjoy!