Granola has recently become one of my favorite snacks. It’s perfect as a topping to yogurt or just munching on by itself. And I love how the house smells as it bakes until golden. I’ve been experimenting with adding different dried fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. to it and you really can’t go wrong with whatever you have on hand. So as a part of Crazy for Coconut week, here are some coconut granola recipes for you to try:
|My hemp protein granola|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a food processor or blender, mix bananas, oil, vanilla, and maple syrup (or mash everything together with a fork).
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into a baking pan (9” x 11”), and smooth out the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool completely and store in airtight container in refrigerator. Or these can be frozen.
- Follow steps 1-2 above.
- Mix together applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients.
- Spread batter evenly into baking pan and smooth out top. Bake for 20 minutes (or until starting to golden), stirring halfway through.